YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
01. What happens if I want to cancel my appointment?
We understand things do happen, and we try to be as understanding as possible when it comes to cancellation or changing of appointments. However, we are running a business and we do have clients waiting for appointments, so we do require enough time to fill the cancelled appointment time.
Clients will receive an email 1 week prior to their appointment, as well as a confirmation text message 48 hours before their actual appointment. Clients can respond and confirm the appointment by either responding to the email or the text message. This allows enough time to confirm their appointment up to 24 hours prior.
If a client fails to arrive for their allocated appointment and has not cancelled before the 24 hour notice period required, has cancelled on the day or has been a no show we will require a $50 booking fee for their next hair colour appointment or $30 booking fee for their next haircut appointment.
Only under extreme circumstances will this fee be waived for a client.
02. I do not want to have a consultation, can I just book in?
We want you to feel comfortable and be happy with what your hair journey could be. It is part of our service to offer you a chance to talk to us without feeling like you are being rushed. Its your time to tell us what you want. We offer this complimentary, and we do a hair analysis and a skin sensitivity test. This is all part of our experience for you. Therefore, we would always advise our new clients to pop in for a consult. It only takes 10-15 minutes.
03. I have coloured my hair for years, do I really need to have a skin sensitivity test?
If you have never been offered a skin sensitivity test by a stylist, I would be asking why not? All colour companies’ manufacturer’s instructions state that a colour sensitivity test is to be performed 48 hours before your colour, even if you have used the colour before. We do offer this as a protection for you. Sensitivities and allergies can happen randomly even if you have used the same colour for the last 15 years. We offer this test complimentary with your consultation.
If you are unable to come in for a test, we can post this to you for you to do yourself. This test must be done 48 hours before your colour appointment.
How to know if you have had a reaction: Generally, a severe allergic reaction will blister within a few hours. However, there can be sensitivity up to 72 hours after the test.
04. How do I book an appointment?
The best and quickest way to get hold of us is by calling the salon (09)535 3974. For all new clients we offer a complimentary consultation. We believe that by meeting your stylist first, you are given the opportunity to talk about your hair and needs without feeling rushed and pressured to decide what you would like to do. We will book your colour appointment at the time of your consult.
You are welcome to book through our online booking system, where you can choose your consultation appointment time at a convenient time for you.
05. Can I colour my hair if I am pregnant?
Research into colouring hair when pregnant is limited. Some studies have found that extremely high doses of the chemicals found in hair colours may cause harm. However, the doses are massive compared to the exceptionally low level a woman colouring her hair is exposed to. The answer is, yes and no. It is up to each person to decide.
However, we do have some basic guidelines we recommend following if you do decide to colour whilst pregnant:
- We suggest to avoid colouring during the first trimester of pregnancy, when the risk of chemical substances harming the baby increases.
- Avoid colouring of the scalp wherever possible to ensure any chemicals used are only absorbed into the hair, not the scalp or bloodstream. You can have the option of foiling some colour into the hair.
- Choose an non-oxidative pigment-free colour, like our No Limits Range.
- Always skin test 48 hours before colouring, regardless of the product you are using.
- Hormonal changes can affect the colour results. You may find your colour can appear warmer or the colour may not cover the grey as it normally would. We can also occasionally see a change to the condition of the pregnant woman’s hair. Extra care needs to be taken in your consultation to determine the best way to colour your hair.
We always recommend consulting with your health care practitioner before deciding on colouring your hair.
06. What ranges of products do you use? Are they toxic free?
Our professional colour range we use is Organic Colour Systems. This system has a supporting home care range and full styling range.
Unfortunately, there is no such professional colour or home box colour on the market that can be toxin free, as all colours need chemicals to achieve results. We have researched many colours on the market, and we are confident that we are stocking the colour range with the lowest level of toxins that achieve amazing results.
07. What do you do to be more sustainable?
For less than a price of a cup of coffee, 95% of the resources used during your service will be diverted from landfill and sent to recycling thanks to our partnership with Sustainable Salons.
All the proceeds gained from recycling the salon’s metals will be donated to not-for-profit community-based organisations that do a killer job helping humanity. Plastic product bottles, packaging, and bags are recycled into new products and kept out of our oceans. Any leftover chemicals will be recycled into water and used in construction/roadworks. All cut off hair will support charitable causes such as oil spill clean-up projects, local community gardens, and charitable wig making services.
Once our tools reach their end of life, they will be broken down and all valuable parts will be repurposed. Each time you visit our Sustainable Salon at Off the Fringe your service bill will include a small Green Service Fee of just $2 that will support the salon to keep its commitment to sustainability without compromising the quality service we offer you.
08. What if I do not like my hair?
While we do our utmost to make our customers happy during their visit to Off the Fringe, there are times, unfortunately, when someone might be upset over something we have done. It is important that the situation is remedied as quickly as possible, and that all parties are happy with the outcome.
- Off the Fringe offers a two week return on any service, after two weeks it is considered a re-growth and will not be free of charge. If a complaint is taken before the two-week time frame, but if an appointment cannot be made before the two weeks are over, this re-do will be honoured.
- We prefer to have the original stylist look after the client should they return. If the client would prefer a different stylist take care of them, ask the manager who she would recommend for the task. She will talk to the client and either find the best stylist for the needs of the client or take care of it herself.
- We prescribe home care to our clients as this is our guarantee that the System is being used correctly. We cannot guarantee the colour results, if the prescribed products are not used by the client and Off the Fringe will not be liable for any further re-colouring or treatments.
- Only under very extreme circumstances a refund will be allowed. This will only be considered if all other avenues have been exhausted and no resolution has been agreed upon. This will only be considered by owner.
09. Do you have a loyalty program?
Yes, we do! We have a loyalty program that rewards all clients for $ spent in the salon for products and services.
For every dollar spent = 1 point is achieved. 390 Points = $15.00
10. What is the Client Safety Levy?
During the Covid-19 levels where we can be open, levels 2 and 1, we have implemented rigorous hygiene and cleaning for health and safety for you while you are in the salon. This $5 levy is to maintain the use of high-quality cleaning products and keep the salon and your experience the best and safest it can be. Included in this levy is a face mask, if you need it, high quality cleaning products to sanitize your seating area and surrounds. This levy is added to all appointments at the check-out.
11. Can I purchase a gift voucher?
Yes, you can purchase a gift voucher in the salon or online here now.